An update from the U.S. Forest Service today:
- A local Red Flag warning has been issued for today into this evening because of low humidity, strong winds and high temperatures. Extreme fire activity can be expected
- Ridge top winds 15 – 20 mph gusting to 25 mph. Winds on the fire’s west side expecting gusts up to 30 – 35 mph.
- The fire was very active yesterday and last night. The fire continued backing down the slope toward portions of Highway 1.
- The fire continues to actively move on the northwest and southern boundaries. It continues to back into the Big Sur drainage around Manuel Peak and most of Pico Blanco Pike.
- Flames and smoke are visible from Highway 1 with the increased fire activity due to low humidity, warm temperatures and heavy fuels.